Strawberry Jam Recipe for Canning: Regular and Reduced Sugar
This is a classic Strawberry Jam recipe straight from the Ball Book of Canning. I love making this one the reduced sugar way (which is still plenty sweet)!
Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints
- 2 2/3 cups crushed strawberries (about three 1-lb containers)
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Classic Pectin
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar (or 2 cups for reduced sugar)
- Wash and hull berries. Crush berries one layer at a time using a potato masher. Measure required quantity in measuring cup.
- Combine prepared fruit and 3 Tbsp. Classic Pectin in large saucepan. Bring mixture to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add 3 1/2 (or 2) cups sugar all at once into mixture and stir to dissolve. Return to a full boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim foam.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 headspace. Remove large air bubbles, wipe rim of jar, and put on lid and rim. Place in canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude if necessary.
Click to see my Strawberry Jam How-to Video!