How to Make Berry Jam: Video & Recipe
Went berry picking and now you have a bunch of leftover berries?? Whether it’s raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or strawberries- no worries! This simple homemade jam recipe will allow you to enjoy them all year long. (This is easily one of our most-used pantry items)
Makes about 8 (8 oz) half pint jars
- 5 cups crushed berries (about 5 pints berries)
- 6 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Classic Pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Wash crush berries using a potato masher. Measure required quantity in measuring cup.
- Combine prepared fruit and 6 Tbsp. Classic Pectin in large saucepan. Bring mixture to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add 4 cups sugar all at once into mixture and stir to dissolve. Return to a full boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim foam.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4″ headspace. Remove large air bubbles, wipe rim of jar, and put on lid and rim. Place in canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process (boil) for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude if necessary.
For more of a step by step video, check out my Strawberry Jam How-to Video!