This bread is super moist and yummy and uses lots of crisp fall apples. It has quickly become one of our family’s favorites! We used a mix of red and green apples, but I think this recipe would work well with whatever you’ve picked.
Tons of fresh cut apples make for a nice thick, hearty batter.
Apple Cinnamon Oat Bread
Makes 2 loaves; Prep- 15 min, Bake- 45min-1hr
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-6 cups peeled diced apples (approx 6 large apples)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup quick or 1 minute oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed (optional)
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla. When well blended, mix in diced apples.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, oats, flax seed, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add dry mixture, half at a time, to apple mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 45 mins to 1 hr or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan before removing.
*Tip: If the edges of your bread and starting to get a little dark but it’s not done cooking, feel free to cover it with foil for the last 15 mins or so.