Yes! Yes! Yes! These are crazy easy and soooooo yummy! Every time my kids see my buying turkey and swiss they ask if I am making those “baked sandwiches.” Every time I make these for a crowd someone asks for the recipe.
If you’re hosting a tailgate party, you can assemble the sandwiches ahead of time and keep them covered in the fridge. 20 minutes before you need them, make mustard mixture, pour it over the sandwiches, cover, and pop in the oven. So easy!
Feel free to mix it up too. You can use turkey and baby swiss, ham and swiss or cheddar. One of my husband’s favorites is pastrami with horseradish cheddar (I think Boar’s Head makes this- just check with your deli). Just pick your favorites.
Baked Tailgate Sliders
- 1 lb turkey, thinly sliced
- ½ lb baby swiss cheese
- 2 pkgs (24 count total) dinner rolls (or kings hawaiian rolls)
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Make sandwiches with rolls, ham and cheese -fill a 9×13 baking pan with these (you can squeeze them in).
- Put butter and brown sugar in a bowl and melt in the microwave (about 30 seconds). Stir in mustard, worcestershire, and poppy seeds.
- Pour sauce over top of sandwiches (feel free to double the sauce if you like).
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for appx 20 mins. Remove foil and brown up for an extra 2-5 minutes.