There are lots of things that just scream Fall to me: the turning leaves, crisp air, apple picking, hot cider… and Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Every once in awhile I will treat myself to one and Starbucks does not dissapoint. But wouldn’t it be great to not have to spend $5.50 a pop for them?
Well today is your lucky day! I have tried out, adjusted, and tried again, the 7 most popular “Pumpkin Spice Latte” recipes on the internet. Some were waaaaaayyyyy too sweet, some not sweet enough, some just tasted like vanilla, some not enough pumpkin, and others involved way too many steps. So I have taken all of the best parts and come up with what I believe is the best of the best in the DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte department.
It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. I loved the final product so much I ended up drinking both of them yesterday! You’re welcome. 😉
Pumpkin Spice Latte
-Total time: 8 mins. Makes 2 servings.
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar (3 if you don’t like it very sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup very strong coffee
- whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice to garnish
- Put sugar and milk in a small saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally, until almost simmering (approx 5 mins, or enough to dissolve the sugar).
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Stir and bring back to an almost simmer (approx 2-3 mins).
- Add 1/2 cup strong coffee. Stir.
- Pour into 2 mugs and garnish with whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!