This was one of my favorite fall recipes growing up. My mom used to split the squash in half, bake them up, and put the half squash right on our plates with a side of sausage or chicken. We would just grab a spoon and dig in- sooooo yummy!
Acorn Squash from the garden…
Cut the squash in half and scoop out all of the seeds.
Place on a foil lined baking sheet, You can cut the undersides a bit to make them more flat if they are rolling around!
Bake them up golden brown, spooning the melted butter/sugar mixture over them once or twice to keep the squash from drying out. You can serve them right on the plate, or scoop the warm squash out into a bowl to serve and enjoy!
Baked Acorn Squash with Butter & Brown Sugar
Prep- 5-10 mins; Bake- 1 hr
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Wash the squash, cut in half, length-wise, and remove seeds.
- Place squash on the baking sheet and add 1/2 Tbsp butter and 1/2 – 1 Tbsp brown sugar (depending on preference).
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 mins to 1 hr, or until a fork easily cuts through the flesh.
- Serve whole or scoop out squash; serve warm.